Price : 1090 Baht
Activity Information :
This is a full day tour to Mae Chan. A district of Chiang Rai, located at The Golden Triangle.
- Mae Kha Chan Hot Springs
- White Temple
- Golden Triangle
- Mae Sai Border Market
We started our trip pretty early, at 7:30 am. A VIP van took us to our first stop on the way to Chiang Rai – the Mae Kha Chan Hot Spring. These hot springs are a natural wonder, so hot that you can boil eggs in the water (you can buy them there) and if you want to take a dip in the water you can. Just be careful to go in the cooler parts!
After we left the hot springs, refreshed by the natural water and boiled egg snack, we headed to Wat Rong Khun Mun, better known as the White Temple. This is by far the most famous landmark in all of Chiang Rai and we were not disappointed. It was designed by a local artist named Chaloemchai Kositpipat, and is distinctive thanks to its all white facade. There are also lots of art and religious installations, many of which were white too. We brought some snacks and some souvenirs while we were there too.
Our next destination was the famous Golden Triangle. A point where Thailand, Myanmar and Laos meet. Here we looked out over the triangle, where the three countries meet and paid respects to the local Buddha statute, known as the Pra Chiang Saen See Paen Din. There is also a market that is worth visiting, selling all sorts of imported goods, imitation goods and shocking things like snakes, geckos and frogs to eat or keep as pets. It is a real look into the daily lives of the locals on the border.
We had a late lunch around 2.30 pm at the Mae Sai Border Market. This is a hot-spot for locals and tourists alike, full of interesting local products. We even went into Burma, but only in the small area near the border so they don’t count it as crossing into another country – so no worries about visas. After we shopped the market and grabbed some great souvenirs, we headed back to Chiang Mai in the VIP van, taking around three hours to get back to the hotel.
- Running Schedule : Daily trips
- Duration : Full Day Trip
- Type : Joint Group
- Pick up : 07.00 am. Finish 08.30 pm.
⏱ 13.5 hours total
- 07:00 a.m. Pick up at the hotel.
- 8:30 a.m. Visit Mae Kha Jan Hot Spring in the mountains on the way to Chiang Rai.
- 9:30 a.m. Visiting Rong Khun Temple Created by the national artist Chalermchai Kositpipat.
- 10:00 a.m. Depart for Golden Triangle the border area between Thailand, Laos, Myanmar.
- 01:00 p.m. Sightseeing and shopping at Mae Sai border market.
- 05:00 p.m. Departure from Chiang Rai heading to Chiang Mai.
- 08:30 p.m. Back to the hotel.
Remark : This program is suitable for all ages.
- VIP transportation (round trip transfer to the city)
- Lunch (set menu)
- Tour guide
Contact : Book Now