Price : 1490 Baht
Activity Information :
This is a full day tour to Mae Chan. A district of Chiang Rai, located at The Golden Triangle.
- Mae Kha Chan Hot Springs
- White Temple
- Golden Triangle
- Mae Sai Border Market
- Boat Trip along the Mekong river
- Karen long-neck village
This full day trip takes you up to the beautiful city of Chiang Rai and it’s surrounding province, just a few hours away from Chiang Mai and home to the famous Golden Triangle.
We started our trip pretty early, at 7:30 am, when we jumped on a VIP van van that took us on our journey. The first stop on the way to Chiang Rai was the Mae Kha Chan Hot Spring. The hot springs is easy to find and a great start to the day. The water was so hot that we could boil eggs in it (you can buy eggs there so no need to bring your own) and in certain points you can dip your feet in – where the water is cooler of course!
Our next destination was Wat Rong Khun Mun – The White Temple, one of Chiang Rai’s major landmarks. Designed and built by local artist Chaloemchai Kositpipat, this ‘temple’ is known for its full white facade. There were also a number of smaller temples and art installations.
Our next destination was the Mekong River, where we joined a cruise and crossed into Laos. The passage is found at the Golden Triangle, where Laos, Burma and Thailand meet and there are areas you are allowed to visit without a visa. We visited the Don Islands, which are technically part of Laos where there was a local market selling wears, food and goods from Laos. It is not uncommon to see snakes, geckos and frogs on sale, but that is part of daily life in this area!
We manage to fit in a late lunch early afternoon before heading to the Mae Sai border market, where Thailand meets Burma. Here you can find a wide range of cheap and imitated products sourced from all over the region. We also had a little tour of the Burmese border town, another area we didn’t need a visa for – so no need to worry about visas on this trip!
The last stop on the trip was a Long-neck Karen Tribe. To get to the village, we needed to walk a short distance into the jungle. The area was amazing and so picturesque, and the village was a perfect representation of local tribal life in Thailand. There are rings you can try on for a picture and locally made souvenirs are available to buy. It was a very relaxing way to finish the tour before the bus journey back to Chiang Mai where we arrived at about 9 pm – just in time for dinner and a drink!
- Running Schedule : Daily trips
- Duration : Full Day Trip
- Type : Joint Group
- Pick up : 07.00 am. Finish 08.30 pm.
⏱ 13.5 hours total
- 07:00 a.m. Pick up at the hotel.
- 8:30 a.m. Visit Mae Kha Jan Hot Spring in the mountains on the way to Chiang Rai.
- 9:30 a.m. Visiting Rong Khun Temple Created by the national artist Chalermchai Kositpipat.
- 10:00 a.m. Depart for Golden Triangle the border area between Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Mekong River boat cruise to visit the Laos border market.
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch
- 01:00 p.m. Sightseeing and shopping at Mae Sai border market.
- 04:00 p.m. Visiting Karen Long Neck Village.
- 05:00 p.m. Departure from Chiang Rai heading to Chiang Mai.
- 08:30 p.m. Back to the hotel.
Remark : This program is suitable for all ages.
- VIP transportation (round trip transfer to the city)
- Lunch (set menu)
- Tour guide
Contact : Book Now