Price : 1290 Baht
Activity Information :
This is a full day tour to Mae Chan. A district of Chiang Rai, located at The Golden Triangle.
- Mae Kha Chan Hot Springs
- White Temple
- Golden Triangle
- Mae Sai Border Market
- Boat Trip along the Mekong River
We started our trip pretty early, at 7:30am. A VIP van took us to our first stop on the way to Chiang Rai – the Mae Kha Chan Hot Spring. These hot springs are a natural wonder, so hot that you can boil eggs in the water (you can buy them there) and if you want to take a dip in the water you can. Just be careful to go in the cooler parts!
After we left the hot springs, refreshed by the natural water and boiled egg snack, we headed to Wat Rong Khun Mun, better known as the White Temple. This is by far the most famous landmark in all of Chiang Rai and we were not disappointed. It was designed by a local artist named Chaloemchai Kositpipat, and is distinctive thanks to its all white facade. There are also lots of art and religious installations, many of which were white too. We brought some snacks and some souvenirs while we were there too.
Our next destination was the Mekong River, where we joined a cruise and crossed into Laos. The passage is found at the Golden Triangle, where Laos, Burma and Thailand meet. We only visited parts that allow tourists to visit without a visa, so there was no worry about paying for visas or getting stamped in or out during our trip. We visited the Don Islands, which are technically part of Laos where there was a local market selling wears, food and goods from Laos. It is not uncommon to see snakes, geckos and frogs on sale, but that is part of daily life in this area!
We had a late lunch around 2.30pm at the Mae Sai Border Market. This is a hotspot for locals and tourists alike, full of interesting local products. We even went into Burma, but only in the small area near the border so they don’t count it as crossing into another country – so again, no worries about visas. After we shopped the market and grabbed some great souvenirs, we headed back to Chiang Mai in the VIP van, taking around three hours to get back to the hotel.
- Running Schedule : Daily trips
- Duration : Full Day Trip
- Type : Joint Group
- Pick up : 07.00 am. Finish 08.30 pm.
⏱ 13.5 hours total
- 07:00 a.m. Pick up at the hotel.
- 8:30 a.m. Visit Mae Kha Jan Hot Spring in the mountains on the way to Chiang Rai.
- 9:30 a.m. Visiting Rong Khun Temple Created by the national artist Chalermchai Kositpipat.
- 10:00 a.m. Depart for Golden Triangle the border area between Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Mekong River boat cruise to visit the Laos border market.
- 01:00 p.m. Sightseeing and shopping at Mae Sai border market.
- 05:00 p.m. Departure from Chiang Rai heading to Chiang Mai.
- 08:30 p.m. Back to the hotel.
Remark : This program is suitable for all ages.
- VIP transportation (round trip transfer to the city)
- Lunch (set menu)
- Tour guide
Contact : Book Now