PRICE : 1,100 Baht
Activity Information : Visit Doi Inthanon National Park – The highest mountain in Thailand.
- Wachira Tarn Waterfall
- Siritarn Waterfall
- Doi Inthanon – The highest peak in Thailand
- King and Queen’s Pagodas
- Hmong market
- Karen hill tribe village
This trip is perfect for those looking explore the mountain tops of Thailand, enjoy fresh mountain air and stunning views across the foothills of the himalayan mountain range. Escape the heat of the city and reach the highest point in Thailand in this day trip to Doi Inthanon.
After pickup in the city, the first stop on this day trip to Doi Inthanon is at Wachira Than Waterfall. It takes about two hours in a comfortable VIP van to reach the waterfall, where a river flows effortlessly over a cliff into a basin below. The waterfall is safe enough to swim in and a great place to cool down and wash away those city cobwebs! It is most beautiful in the winter with calmer, clearer waters but is safe to visit and swim in all year round. The second stop on the journey is the Sirithan Waterfall, another refreshing stop a bit further up the mountain where you can stop and look out over the falls from a viewpoint.
Once the waterfalls are out of the way, the next stop is the big one – the top of Thailand, Doi Inthanon! The weather is cool so bring a jumper just incase you get a chill – don’t let the city heat decieve you, it can get cold all year round at 1,676m above sea level. At the top you can visit the shirne of Ku Inthawiyanon who was the 7th ruler of Chiang Mai, from the Thipchak dynasty.
You will also visit Phra Mahathat pagoda, which was constructed to honour His Majesty King Bhumibol’s 60th Birthday in 1987 and also his Queen. There are escalators to facilitate the elderly who wish to pay homage to these relics and the pagoda. On the way down the mountain you will also be able to pop into local hill tribe markets and villages to see some local culture and pick up some locally made handicrafts.
This day trip is packed with amazing views, stunning natural settings and a fair amount of culture that you can learn about along the way. A must do trip for anyone wanting a real northern Thai experience.
- Running Schedule: Daily trips
- Duration: Full day trip (around 9 hours)
- Type: Joint group
- Departure Point: VIP transportation (Round trip hotel transfers within 5km radius of Chiang Mai old town)
- Discounts: Children under 6 get 50% off
⏱ 9.5 hours total
- 08:00 a.m. Pick up at the hotel.
- 11:00 a.m. Visit Wachira Than and Siritharn waterfalls.
- 12:00 p.m. lunch.
- 01:00 p.m. Explore the highest point in Thailand, 2,565 meters above sea level.
- 01:30 p.m. Visit Nabhamethanidol and Nabhapolbhumisiri (The Great Holy Relics Pagoda Nabhamethanidol and Nabhapolbhumisiri).
- 02:30 p.m. Visiting the Hmong market and Hmong hill tribe village.
- 03:30 p.m. Depart from Doi Inthanon National Park toward Chiang Mai.
- 05:30 p.m. Drop off at your hotel in downtown Chiang Mai.
1. This program is suitable for all ages.
2. If customer stay out side of the city there maybe extra charges for pick up. Please inform us when booking to check the price before making a reservation.